Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Drinking at the Well

"He makes me to lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside still waters, he restoreth my soul."

Indeed he does. I just had a very pleasant experience.

Over the past several months I have been listening to a christian internet radio station called The Well. I stumbled upon it a few months ago when my subscription to IHOP needed to be renewed and I neglected to do it. The Well is a pretty good source for a different kind of praise and worship music. Some refer to it as prophetic. I like to think of it as incense on the alter. It's usually more spontaneous in nature and less commercial (think opposite of Michael W. Smith). Whatever you want to call it, it has been a blessing to me. Sometimes, I really dislike what they play. It almost hurts my ears, but that's more about style than content. I can't stand whiny thin voices infused with a rock type sound. It actually hurts my ears and grates my nerves, but I digress.

Today when i tuned in, much to my surprise, they were playing some nice soaking music. I used to make it a habit to tune in every Wednesday at this time for this particular broadcast. As I sat down, thinking I would just play some nice background music and look ahead to the day's school lessons, I was enveloped in the presence of the Almighty. How refreshing. It has been far too long since I rested in His presence. It used to be a lifestyle for me yet lately it has become more of a memory. How soothing to feel His warmth and love wash over me as I sat here and allowed Him to minister to me.

I've been drinking at the Well- a Well of Living Water.

0 comments: