Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Idol Rant

I wasn't home last night during Idol's usual airing time so I watched it this afternoon with 4yo. I know this won't make me very popular with a lot of folks, but can I just say that I totally don't get Beatles Mania. I like 'em, but not to the point of screaming, jumping up and down, or fainting. Having said that, you'll understand why I have fast forwarded through most of the Idol performances for the past 2 weeks. The only song I hoped to hear, "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds," nobody was brave enough to touch (unless someone did and I fast forwarded through it). I was pleased someone did "Michelle" and "Yesterday". Did anyone attempt "Hey Jude"? Nope. Overall I was bored stiff. Maybe it just shows my nonconformist ways. Never one to join in with the cool or popular stuff, I don't go ga-ga for the Beatles.

0 comments: