Tuesday, December 23, 2008

'Twas the days before Christmas


'Twas the days before Christmas and all through the trailer,
nothing was ready, not even a Christmas mailer.
The presents were bought with much bustle and haste
But they sit in the trunk, and I think, "What a waste!
This season of giving is such a great hoax
And the price tags attached would make anyone choke!"

But the children's eyes are so merry
oh my, how they twinkle
They care not if I've spent only a nickle.
So I'll bake a few cookies
I'll wrap up the sweaters
I'll even work on the annual letter!

Then Dad in his work clothes, and I in my jammies
will wrap more presents for the kids, Grandpaps, and Nannies.
We'll hang all our stockings
we'll neaten the shoes
Then Dad and I will plan- next year, a cruise!

We'll get up real early despite our complaints
and thank our dear parents for being such saints
We'll remember each Christmas we had in the past
and hope that this warm fuzzy feeling will last.
Then we'll wrap up the kids for a short care ride
and we'll rush and we'll hurry to be at tree side.

We'll sweep in the door and we'll hear them exclaim
You're all here so early, your driving- Insane!
It's so good to be together
this time of the year
It's so nice to be full of such Holiday cheer!

And you'll hear it ring out
as we drive out of sight
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

0 comments: