Thursday, August 21, 2008

Quiet Content

I sit here feeling all is at peace in my world. The living room is shaping up to be the perfect shade of pale sunshine yellow, the school year is (mostly) planned, I spent a long leisurely day with my mommy pals, and I am amazed still at the wonderful gift Father God dropped into my lap (an easy, painless trip to The Call.)

Sometimes it's easier to praise Him with my silence than it is my words. Words fail. They've become so cheap. How easily, "I love you," floats off our tongues without thinking of the true meaning.

I praise Him with my thoughts. I praise Him with my contemplations on His goodness and the surity of His Word. I praise Him in my innermost parts.

Psalm 139:17,18 says:
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am with You.



That's just how I feel. I feel loved and cared for.

"Oh, Lord, Let me never forget your lovingkindness and tender mercies that you make new to me every day."

0 comments: