Thursday, February 26, 2009

Isn't an enemy just like that?

A very nice blogger that I follow posted yesterday that she's been dealing with panic attacks. Now I've known me some fear and panic attacks and phobias. So I shared with her.

Mice.

Rats.

Just the word would throw me into a world of hurt (except Mickey...he didn't count). I used to also be fearful of other things. The dark. Boogy men. You know; the stuff of childhood. Sadly for me it lingered on well after the young child age. I was scared, and knew it was foolish, but dealt with fear anyway.

Thankfully, I've conquered those fears. The most recent triumph was my extreme phobia of rodents. But wouldn't you know, it's just like an enemy to try to throw that stuff back on me. Last night. At 5am. Out of left field.

I woke up with that familiar nervous feeling. Over what??? Life is going well. Things are fine. It was panic for panic's sake. So I prayed and eventually went back to sleep. But today? I've been on the verge of nervous all day. Oh, what a dirty rotten Stinker!

"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but he has given us a spirit of love, power and a sound mind."
-2 Tim. 1:7

0 comments: